socio-economic projects and empowerment
- Olagoke Legacy Foundation
- Ajagun Esin Consultative Forum
- Sports: Shafaudeen Patriots, FC & Rasool Cup Competition for Under 18
- Shafaudeen Media Resource Centre
- The Fashion Design Unit
- Shoe Making Unit
- The Cafetaria & Catering Services
OLAGOKE LEGACY FOUNDATION
Olagoke legacy foundation (O’Leg) was founded in year 2006 by Engr. (Dr.) S.A. Olagoke JP, out of his love for youths as empowerable instruments for national development. His support for UBE and EFA glows his curiosity to advocate for private contributions which will be role modeled through funding the cause of youth and development with particular bias to the indigent. The significance of life celebration through birth days and death terminal cannot manifest except using the occasion to impact positively on the youths for meaningful development through education. The focus is therefore centered on youths.
To see a world where education will be out to practical use of development and radiate lights in youths for meaningful contributions to the general world order where enlightenment and awareness shall enhance respect for fundamental human rights of people.
- To discover talent through participatory education and religious tests among youths in secondary schools
- To motivate youths into the spirit of healthy and intellectual competitions (Quiz, Debate, Writing ) through organized session at Local Government State, National and International levels.
- To organize lecture on specifics for human and national development
- To mobilise secondary school student towards the need for knowledge seeking and sourcing.
- To sensitize the public on the need for synthetic education applicable for community development.
- To organize Quiz, Debate and Essay Writing as annual event for student on religion and education.
- To organize lecture on public peace, good governance, leadership essence, youth development and communal cooperation.
- To carry out research and discourage indiscipline among youths.
- To raise awareness on the need to promote youth development and defend their liberties.
PRINCIPLES AND VALUES
O’LEG educational philosophy believes in the following that:
- Education is a major weapon of promoting growth, development and peace.
- parents, Society and Government must respect the rights of youths for protection and development
- enlightened youths are creative weapons of innovations and development of any community.
- education is the only durable and lasting legacy bequeathable to youth.
- The future of all nations depends on the level of education and enlightenment of the youths only.
- Religion through tolerance and cooperation can enhance team work spirit.
- This takes place at the International Headquarters
- it is herald in by mobile counselling Train of the target audience – Secondary School Students
- Opening keynote address from the initiator – Prof. S.A. Olagoke JP, also LECTURES from eminent scholars and parents drawn from various institutions of educational stakeholders.
Prize Giving Day
- This is the closing ceremony of the competition for the year. The prize giving day falls within the month of November; the birth month of the initiator.
- Participants from every state travel down to witness the grand finale.
- lecture is delivered by the Initiator of O-LEG foundation, Professor S.A. Olagoke JP
- Goodwill messages follow the lecture while prizes and certificates are given to successful candidates.
This is written in different states of the Federation, students are tested on the general subjects – Mathematics, English Language, Science.
Rasool cup is a symbol of community service, youth emancipation, national unity and international project to foster unity and peace among mankind.
The maiden edition came up in April 2005 after affiliation with the Nigerian Youth Football Coaches and Clubs Council in 2003 and management meeting with NYFCCC in 2004.
The focus is on empowering the youth without sentiment or bias through the culture of sports without hooliganism.
Rasool Cup U-18 competition was designed to allow the youth to:
- realose their God given potential
- expose them to outside world with high sense of belonging
- keep up sound health and mental alertness
- realize that life is a place of struggle before achievement can come by
- develop to radiate the spirit of sportsmanship to promote sports without hooliganism.
WINNERS SO FAR
2005 Shafaudeen Patriots FC
2006 Oladiti Babes
2007 Oladiti Babes
2008 Shafaudeen Patriots
2009 Shafaudeen Patriots
2010 Shafaudeen Patriots
2011 Eagle Babes
2012 Eagle Babes
2013 Spit Five FC
2014 Agboworin Babes
2015 Shafaudeen Patriots
2016 Eagle Babes
2017 Taiwo Oke
SOME SUCCESS STORIES
- Ganiyu Oseni Played for Golden Eaglets in 2007. Professional player with CSK Moscow of Russia
- Olanrewaju Olaniyi Professional player in a club in Damascus Syria
- Oyewole Kolawole Ahmed Cardiff City, London
- Adediran Taoreed Almeria Feeders Team, Spain
- Ogunmakin Soji Orlando Pirates, South Africa
- Yemi Tokunbo Chelsea Football Academy, London
- Makinde Afees South Africa.
THE CAFETARIA & CATERING SERVICES
Shafaudeen has a eatery unit known as D Cafetaria. This unit not only serve as an empowernment to staff members in terms of job creation but also serve the entire members of the organization as well as non-members and visitors. Hygenic environment and customer’s satisfaction are ensured.